Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Nana's long goodbye

author:Martin Hutchinson /Manchester Evening News

BESPECTACLED star Nana Mouskouri is instantly recognisable, and has been for more than 40 years.
In fact, She made her first record 50 years ago, and has been touring pretty much constantly since 1960. However, as she approaches her mid-seventies, she has decided to retire from touring – but not before she has thanked her loyal fans with a Farewell World Tour. (...)
She explains: “I’m not actually retiring from singing, just from touring. If people still want me to sing I will, but I just won’t be touring.
"I wanted to quit while I was still healthy.”
Speaking about her final tour she said: "It started in 2005 and will end next year in 2008. You have to take time to do the whole world and I want to take the opportunity to thank fans for listening to me for so many years.”
There’s will be a variety of songs, from my beginnings with classical music and through my pop and jazz songs. There’s ’ll be a real diversity of cultures.”
Read full article here
photo:google.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please live your comment