Thursday, August 16, 2007

Johnny Logan - First ever No1 album

Eurovision king Johnny Logan is experiencing a career high across Europe at the moment -- even enjoying his first ever number one album!
"I'm really over the moon. While I have had several number one singles, I've never in my entire career had a number one album. It's fantastic. I'm really chuffed. I'm going to be presented with gold and platinum discs for sales in Denmark and Norway, and it's being released in Sweden in October," he stated.
His new album The Irish Connection has been number one in the charts in Denmark for the past four weeks -- and has also been in the Top 10 in Norway and Germany, where himself and his band are based.
The album features Johnny covering such Irish classics as Dirty Old Town and Whiskey In The Jar, and was recorded with his own band in a studio in just two days.
Three-times Eurovision winner Logan has always been popular on continental Europe, but his success is now bigger than ever.
source:independent.ie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please live your comment