Sunday, June 24, 2007

Anna Vissi in Bulgaria

from oikotimes.com

Anna Vissi was in Bulgaria the last three days, where she gave a VIP concert on June, 23rd, at the opening of the Royal Beach Hotel complex, in Sunny Beach, Black Sea cost.

Lili Ivanova, a living legend of the Bulgarian pop music, was also among the many guests of the concert, which lasted 8 hours and was attended by over 1500 guests. The ex - Crown Prince of Greece Nikolaos was also between the VIP guests and stayed up until the morning, while Anna sent him a special greeting, from the stage.

The day before, Anna was a guest in the tv show "Shouto Na Slavi" (BTV), where she sang her Billboard hit "Call me" and her last Greek single "Nylon" and also talked about her career in Greece and Cyprus.

Anna is not unapproachable and she's not acting like a diva: "It's important for an artist, especially for one like me who's more than 30 years in the industry, to be down to earth and keep in mind that all that's happening in his life is a gift from God".

She remembers she moved in Greece when she was 15. "It was difficult singing the nights and studying, because these years, being a singer was quit suspicious. I just went to a biggest place - Cyprus is Greece as well, what's released in Greece, it's also released in Cyprus, just like here, in Bulgaria. I didn't know I'm famous here".

Many of her hits are translated into Bulgarian. "I don't have a problem with that. It's an honour and a compliment for me when they sing my songs. I believe songs and music should travel". Last year she ended 9th at the Eurovision Song Contest of Athens, even though she was the absolute favourite to win the Festival: "It doesn't matter, but I really want to thank Bulgaria for giving me 12 points. You had a very good and sexy song that year, a beautiful singer as well; I liked it. I like authentic Bulgarian music".

She's currently in Greece and has recently been to Acropolis. "It's a place full of strong energy, as if you are in the heavens. We are very proud of it".
She got married once with Nikos Carvelas, her lifetime composer and partner. "I do believe in marriage, but I do believe in divorce as well. I got married with the right man, because we broke up and we are still friends and have a daughter".





video source:oikotimes;youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please live your comment